Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone remains findable after power off alert

Earlier this evening when I was reading an article online I received this alert appear.

”iPhone remains findable after power off

find my helps you locate this iPhone when it is lost or stolen, even when it is in power reserve mode or powered off.

you can change this find my network functionality by going to find my in settings”

It didn’t seem to be a pop up as when I tried to close safari or power off my phone it wouldn’t let me navigate away until I clicked ok. After I clicked ok, it didn’t redirect me anywhere or to sign in or download anything. I had updated to iOS 15 earlier this week and shortly before the alert I got my low power notification. I looked online and some said the notification was a new feature with iOS 15 but others saying not was a phishing attempt.

has anyone else received this message?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 10:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 10:32 PM

It's a normal notification message, new to iOS 15.

The dialog in question will be displayed the first time your power runs low after installing iOS 15.

This is a feature of UWB Bluetooth technology in newer drvices, so this feature only works in some newer iPhones (11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, 12 mini, 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, 13 mini, 13, 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max.)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2021 10:32 PM in response to Jacks50

It's a normal notification message, new to iOS 15.

The dialog in question will be displayed the first time your power runs low after installing iOS 15.

This is a feature of UWB Bluetooth technology in newer drvices, so this feature only works in some newer iPhones (11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, 12 mini, 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, 13 mini, 13, 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max.)

Oct 11, 2021 11:02 AM in response to Jacks50

Jacks50 wrote:

Thank you! After it happened I reached out to someone at Apple Support under the message and they told me it was a phishing thing but that didn’t sound right to me so I wanted to get another opinion.
just to be safe I reset my apple password and such. Until I could be sure

https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/ultra-wideband-information-iph771fd0aad/ios

iphone remains findable after power off alert

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.