Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery draining quick after ios 15.0.1 update

Its not practical to spends 1000’s of dollars on phone that has only brand value and stand out features but drains out battery Very quickly on minimal usage and the worst is draining your completely on standby mode. Pretty sure i am not the only one experiencing this, hopefully apple responds

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 3:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 12:45 PM

Hello,

These are the standard steps for short battery life:

1) Have you tried a restart?  If not, do it now.

2) Go to Settings > Battery > BATTERY USAGE BY APP to see the apps that are consuming your battery.

3) Check “Battery Health” in the link: 

iPhone Battery and Performance

4) If all else fails, consider a battery replacement:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

Good luck.

PS: you'll get better help if you can provide additional information. What model phone do you have? How old is it?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2021 12:45 PM in response to Michu435

Hello,

These are the standard steps for short battery life:

1) Have you tried a restart?  If not, do it now.

2) Go to Settings > Battery > BATTERY USAGE BY APP to see the apps that are consuming your battery.

3) Check “Battery Health” in the link: 

iPhone Battery and Performance

4) If all else fails, consider a battery replacement:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

Good luck.

PS: you'll get better help if you can provide additional information. What model phone do you have? How old is it?

Oct 30, 2021 2:27 PM in response to Michu435

MrBill - None of that worked. The restarting, shutting it off and turning it back on again etc. The iOS software is designed by Apple to drain the battery & slow down performance to force us to buy another phone.

However, after my 15.0 upgrade and I saw my battery start draining from 100% down 20% within 10 minutes, I decided to go through the settings and the new settings that the iOS 15.0 added I think may be the key. I just went in and did a deep-dive into all the settings and discovered a whole long list of new settings and I shut them all off and after a couple hours now, it doesn’t seem to be draining as quickly. There are new notification settings and Siri settings etc. so check that out others who know Apple‘s treachery.

Battery draining quick after ios 15.0.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.