You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aux cable with iPhone 13 pro max

Good morning!

Lately I’ve been having trouble listening to music in my car with my new iPhone 13 pro max . Simply, my aux cable won’t recognize my phone now but I never had trouble with my iPhone previous iPhone (XR).

I don’t seem to know the source of the problem but I know it doesn’t work since the new iOS 15 update.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 7:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 8:11 PM

So not everyone has a car that is Bluetooth so how are we supposed to play music through Aux. I’m ready to switch to a different phone. $1000 phone but it won’t do this. Seriously?

17 replies

Oct 14, 2021 10:49 AM in response to mario49

I’m also having the same issue. I read the mentioned instructions but it does not fix the issue. It recognizes older devices but not the IPhone 13. The iPhone 13 is not recognized at all or even shows it’s charging.

I’m very excited for the new phone, but very disappointed this feature of playing music in my car is not working.

Please help further guidance to address this issue.

thank you!!

Oct 12, 2021 9:14 AM in response to Anafrutos

Hello Anafrutos.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see that you are experiencing connectivity issues with your iPhone 13 Pro Max and car. Congratulations on your new iPhone 13 Pro Max! We will be glad to assist.

Please see the steps below from: How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car 

1. "Restart your device and your car.
  2. Make sure that your device is unlocked and on the Home screen.
  3. If possible, try to connect using another cable or USB port. Check the manual that came with your car to learn how to connect an Apple device.
  4. Check your charging port for any debris or damage. Make sure that your charging cable is properly inserted into the port.
  5. Update your device.
  6. Make sure that your stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.
  7. Try playing audio from a different app. If you can't play audio from a third-party app, contact the app developer for help. If you can't play audio from an Apple app, contact Apple Support."

Cheers.

Aux cable with iPhone 13 pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.