Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot open TIF files on new Mac

I have new MAC with BigSur 11.4 - cannot open any TIF with preview, message says It may be damaged or uses a file extension that Preview does not support, color sync - same thing.

The same files display on WIN10 OS, no problem. So my questions are: What ap on MAC can now open TIF files? Why doesn't preview work like it did on previous versions of MAC? Is this a known issue? This is my work laptop, had MAC's for 13 years, need this feature, has anyone figured it out?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 7:19 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 12, 2021 5:51 AM in response to etresoft

Agreed. I did manage to find preview user guide & tif is among supported file types. After a little more work, I find that most tifs work fine. I have a healthy store of them of them, mostly rendered in PS on my hard drive. The ones in question are scan to tif from a flatbed scanner, in this case there seems to be an issue. This is a work computer, this is a typical format that customers use & I have no control of what device they may be using to make scans. When I use get info on these files the 'kind' displays as TIFF image.

Cannot open TIF files on new Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.