Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not showing new messqge

My iPhone XR suddenly is not showing on the main screen a number when I have a new message. This is a recent issue. I have restarted it several times and I have also upgraded the operating system and it still is happening (Or rather not happening). Thoughts ?

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 1:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 5:44 AM

Hello there, GnGoddess!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! We understand that you aren’t receiving notifications when your iPhone is locked. First, check to make sure that the notification settings on your iPhone are set up correctly by following the steps in this article to Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Is the issue only happening with the Messages notifications or with other apps as well? If the issue is only with Messages, check out the steps in this article If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open.

Let us know the results and we can continue from there.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2021 5:44 AM in response to GnGoddess

Hello there, GnGoddess!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! We understand that you aren’t receiving notifications when your iPhone is locked. First, check to make sure that the notification settings on your iPhone are set up correctly by following the steps in this article to Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Is the issue only happening with the Messages notifications or with other apps as well? If the issue is only with Messages, check out the steps in this article If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open.

Let us know the results and we can continue from there.

Take care!

iPhone not showing new messqge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.