Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen frozen when pulling down to use spotlight

Recently purchased an iPhone 13 pro max and have been having an issue when I swipe down on the Home Screen and go into spotlight search.

I’m able to use spotlight search normally, but am unable to get back to my Home Screen by the usual routes- swiping up or tapping anywhere on the screen.

I tried locking and unlocking the phone to go back to the Home Screen, however it remains stuck on the spotlight search page.

The only way things go back to normal is when I turn the phone off and on.

Has anyone else faced anything similar? It appears this is a bug Apple needs to fix.

Present software build: 15.0.2

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 3:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 7:39 AM

Hey Jv7412jv,

Congratulations on your iPhone 13 Pro Max!

It appears that you're having a problem when using Spotlight search on your iPhone, however. When you swipe down from on the Home screen, your iPhone stops responding and you have to restart your iPhone in order to use it again, and we're glad to provide assistance.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support -- Since restarting your iPhone only brings you back to the Home screen, see if force restarting gets Spotlight search working as it should.

If the screen still stops responding when using Spotlight search, see if updating your iPhone helps. The current iOS version is 15.0.2. For this particular issue, we recommend updating your iPhone using a Mac or Windows PC instead of wirelessly:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes - Apple Support

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder - Apple Support

Let us know how that goes.

All the best.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2021 7:39 AM in response to Jv7412jv

Hey Jv7412jv,

Congratulations on your iPhone 13 Pro Max!

It appears that you're having a problem when using Spotlight search on your iPhone, however. When you swipe down from on the Home screen, your iPhone stops responding and you have to restart your iPhone in order to use it again, and we're glad to provide assistance.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support -- Since restarting your iPhone only brings you back to the Home screen, see if force restarting gets Spotlight search working as it should.

If the screen still stops responding when using Spotlight search, see if updating your iPhone helps. The current iOS version is 15.0.2. For this particular issue, we recommend updating your iPhone using a Mac or Windows PC instead of wirelessly:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes - Apple Support

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder - Apple Support

Let us know how that goes.

All the best.

Screen frozen when pulling down to use spotlight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.