Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad connects to iphone personal hotspot BUT NO INTERNET CONNECTION

Connecting my Ipad Pro 2018 to iPhone XS hotspot - connects but in a minute says "no internet connection"

While I can surf the internet with LTE on my iPhone at the same time.

I already tried to:

1. Reset setting on both devices
  2. Restart both devices
  3. Forget hotspot and reconnect 10 times
  4. Changes iPhone name to less generic (just 6 letters)
  5. Changes Hotspot password
  6. Both devices have the most up-to-date OS

It would be great if guys from support can answer this AND PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME TO DO THINGS THAT I WROTE ABOVE (sorry but I checked the same topics and you guys just ignoring what people a saying to you sometimes)

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 4:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 5:03 AM

The “no internet connection” warning usually indicates that your device does not have a routable IP Address - this usually being assigned by DHCP.

If you have a VPN App or profiles installed, or a security App such as Norton, these may be interfering with DHCP and preventing your device from obtaining a valid IP Address for your iPhone hotspot - or the WiFi network to which you are attempting to connect. The resolution is usually simple; if installed, you may only need to temporarily disable or remove the Security App and/or VPN.

DHCP is frequently used to automatically obtain an IP Address. Until your iPad has a valid IP Address to connect to your network, you will not have an internet connection. Disabling or removing VPN and/or the offending security App should allow DHCP to operate normally - allowing connection to your network and the internet.

If this resolves your issue, the VPN and/or security App can be reinstated after the connectivity problem has been resolved.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2021 5:03 AM in response to Zhenshen

The “no internet connection” warning usually indicates that your device does not have a routable IP Address - this usually being assigned by DHCP.

If you have a VPN App or profiles installed, or a security App such as Norton, these may be interfering with DHCP and preventing your device from obtaining a valid IP Address for your iPhone hotspot - or the WiFi network to which you are attempting to connect. The resolution is usually simple; if installed, you may only need to temporarily disable or remove the Security App and/or VPN.

DHCP is frequently used to automatically obtain an IP Address. Until your iPad has a valid IP Address to connect to your network, you will not have an internet connection. Disabling or removing VPN and/or the offending security App should allow DHCP to operate normally - allowing connection to your network and the internet.

If this resolves your issue, the VPN and/or security App can be reinstated after the connectivity problem has been resolved.

Ipad connects to iphone personal hotspot BUT NO INTERNET CONNECTION

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.