Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone hotspot

The hotspot on my iphone will not connect to the internet on my pc, my friends pc or my Roku stick. It may have started after the 15.7 upgrade; I have since upgraded to 16.1.1. I have contacted Apple tech, AT&T tech, have tried everything known to man. My pc recognizes the hotspot, connects then shows "no internet: secured"? Can anyone help? It was working, the phone itself has internet.

Thanks

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 9:54 PM

Take a look at the following support article, specifically the section, titled: If you can't connect to Personal Hotspot with Wi-Fi

9 replies

Nov 17, 2022 11:03 AM in response to HernsMill

Hey there,

Try this steps on your computer:

1. Go to Control Panel >Network and Internet>Network Connections

2. Choose your wifi connection, right-click and select Properties

3. In the Wi-Fi Properties, in the "This connection uses the following items:" tab, you should check the following options:

•   Client for Microsoft Networks
  •   File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
  •   Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver
  •   Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
  •   Reliable Multicast Protocol
  •   Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
  •   Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder

If it doesn't change for the moment, try to disable and then enable your hotspot. & the WiFi on your computer.

There are more steps that you can try in this windows Support article ☞ Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope that help.

Nov 16, 2022 9:18 PM in response to HernsMill

Other than the devices you mention in your post, are any other devices not able to gain Internet access via the iPhone's Personal Hotspot?

The "error" message you provided appears to be an issue with the wireless security level that the PC is not accepting to use for the connection.

Since you have already "tried everything known to man" and we have no idea what that was, I'm not sure that we can offer much assistance without repeating any of those attempts.

Nov 17, 2022 12:01 PM in response to Iafeef

I have tried everything; I can watch it connect in Network and Sharing Center to the iPhone, it shows in properties. (IPv4 connectivity - no network) (IPv6 - connectivity no internet).

I disabled and enabled Wi-Fi. I am going to call AT&T for the fifth time, they made a change in my data plan (increased It) after I noticed it not working, I am not sure it had stopped working prior to that change and if they shut it down, the plan change may not have reset the data usage, if I had gone over.

The PC and my Roku work fine with the other mobile hotspot I have.

Thanks

iphone hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.