Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems installing OS 12

Each time I've attempted to install OS 12 on my Mac Pro (Late 2013) it stalls halfway thru the installation.

No way to recover except hard restart, then start up in recovery mode. Erase the hard drive, reinstall OS 11 and retrieve my latest backup. I'm waiting for a resolution until I attempt to upgrade to OS 12 again.

Mac Pro, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 10:41 AM

OS 12 is not released software. If you would like to comment on it, use the links provided in the beta program:

Apple Beta Software Program

How do I restore a prior shipping release of macOS or iOS?

Always back up your Mac and iOS devices before installing the public beta. To use a previously-released version of macOS or iOS, you can restore your device from the backup that you created before installing the public beta. 

Learn more about restoring your devices

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2021 10:41 AM in response to b_n_c

OS 12 is not released software. If you would like to comment on it, use the links provided in the beta program:

Apple Beta Software Program

How do I restore a prior shipping release of macOS or iOS?

Always back up your Mac and iOS devices before installing the public beta. To use a previously-released version of macOS or iOS, you can restore your device from the backup that you created before installing the public beta. 

Learn more about restoring your devices

problems installing OS 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.