Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an Ipad that is roughly 6 months old. I cannot remember the passcode now it says to connect to Itunes. I don't beleive that I ever linked

my ipad is locked. I get the screen with connected to computer. I can't unlock, I don't remember the ID and can't access serial #. Frustrated!!!!! I've only had this Ipad 6 months or so. I don't remember the ID or passcode I just want to reset to factory settings. When I bought this I didn't have an Iphone, so only my Iphone shows up in my apple account

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 12:17 PM

You will need to connect the iPad to a computer with with a recent version of iTunes (Mac or PC) or Finder(macOS Catalina or Later) to restore it and remove the passcode. It does not matter if you have never synced it to iTunes on a computer.

See here for steps: link-> If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support

Do note you will need to remember the Apple ID and its password once the restore is completed to get passed Activation Lock and set it up again. The Activation Lock Screen will give you a hint of what Apple ID it's expecting.

If you don't remember the email address used as the Apple ID for it, start here: Link-> If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

and here for the password: link-> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

You should not be creating Apple IDs each time you get a device but keep using the same one with all Apple devices you own.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2021 12:17 PM in response to Baconator3636

You will need to connect the iPad to a computer with with a recent version of iTunes (Mac or PC) or Finder(macOS Catalina or Later) to restore it and remove the passcode. It does not matter if you have never synced it to iTunes on a computer.

See here for steps: link-> If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support

Do note you will need to remember the Apple ID and its password once the restore is completed to get passed Activation Lock and set it up again. The Activation Lock Screen will give you a hint of what Apple ID it's expecting.

If you don't remember the email address used as the Apple ID for it, start here: Link-> If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

and here for the password: link-> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

You should not be creating Apple IDs each time you get a device but keep using the same one with all Apple devices you own.

I have an Ipad that is roughly 6 months old. I cannot remember the passcode now it says to connect to Itunes. I don't beleive that I ever linked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.