Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My CompPortal does not support iOS 15 Need to revert back to 14 or earlier.

Applications that I need are not supported yet on iOS 15. I did not know this and updated to the latest version of iOS because I had iOS 12 and needed 13 or later to download my works Endpoint management profile (Intune). Could I revert my IPad to an earlier iOS?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 3:23 PM

The opportunity to restore iPadOS 14.8 has now been lost.

All System Updates are digitally signed by Apple - and can only be installed whilst the digital signatures remain valid. After release of a new iOS/iPadOS version, the immediately preceding version continues to be digitally signed by Apple - however, usually within a few days, Apple will revoke the digital certificate with which the earlier version is signed. 

Apple revoked the the digital certificates used to sign the iPadOS 14.8 and iPadOS 15.0 updates a few days ago. The only available versions are now iPadOS 15.0.1/15.0.2.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2021 3:23 PM in response to TomFrontiero

The opportunity to restore iPadOS 14.8 has now been lost.

All System Updates are digitally signed by Apple - and can only be installed whilst the digital signatures remain valid. After release of a new iOS/iPadOS version, the immediately preceding version continues to be digitally signed by Apple - however, usually within a few days, Apple will revoke the digital certificate with which the earlier version is signed. 

Apple revoked the the digital certificates used to sign the iPadOS 14.8 and iPadOS 15.0 updates a few days ago. The only available versions are now iPadOS 15.0.1/15.0.2.

My CompPortal does not support iOS 15 Need to revert back to 14 or earlier.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.