Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What machines can I use with Apple Server. Mac mini?

Can I use a Mac Mini as a network server?

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 9:41 PM

You absolutely can run it on a Mac mini, or any other Mac of your choosing. Most people choose the Mac mini due to its small footprint, decent price, efficient energy usage, and low system resource requirements.

The current version of the macOS Server app runs on macOS 11.3 or later per the Mac App Store listing for version 5.11.1 of the app, but you should be able to run an older version of the app on older hardware/software if you have an older Mac mini lying around.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2021 9:41 PM in response to masaddles

You absolutely can run it on a Mac mini, or any other Mac of your choosing. Most people choose the Mac mini due to its small footprint, decent price, efficient energy usage, and low system resource requirements.

The current version of the macOS Server app runs on macOS 11.3 or later per the Mac App Store listing for version 5.11.1 of the app, but you should be able to run an older version of the app on older hardware/software if you have an older Mac mini lying around.

What machines can I use with Apple Server. Mac mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.