Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air flashing question mark???

Help!!!!!! I was in the recovery mode on my MacBook Air when I accidentally hit my power button and now I have nothing but a big flashing ? mark every time I restart my computer. The computer itself is new. I was trying to put it back to factory settings but now it looks like it just wiped out everything!!! I can’t even get it pulled up in safe mode. Anyone have any idea??? Thanks!

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 6:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 1:15 PM

Hello Not2proud,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're seeing a flashing question mark on your Mac upon start up. We'd like to help.

Take a look at If your Mac starts up to a question mark. "A folder with a flashing question mark means that your startup disk is no longer available or doesn't contain a working Mac operating system." Follow the steps in that resource and"If you still need help, please contact Apple Support."

Have a nice day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2021 1:15 PM in response to Not2proud

Hello Not2proud,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're seeing a flashing question mark on your Mac upon start up. We'd like to help.

Take a look at If your Mac starts up to a question mark. "A folder with a flashing question mark means that your startup disk is no longer available or doesn't contain a working Mac operating system." Follow the steps in that resource and"If you still need help, please contact Apple Support."

Have a nice day.

MacBook Air flashing question mark???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.