You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari search bar not working right.

My iMac is working better these days but now I've been having problems with Safari since the beginning of this year and just updated to the new version and it didn't fix the problem. After typing something in the search bar and not getting the desired results, I then try to type in the middle of the sentence, after one letter, it throughs the curser to the end of the sentence without a space, so that it is all one long set of jumbled letters. I looked in Safari's preferences and there isn't anything that fixes this problem.

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 7:11 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Oct 13, 2021 1:19 PM in response to jetpakstudio

Hello jetpakstudio,

From your post it appears you are having an issue with Safari.

The first thing we suggest is restarting the computer. This can refresh the macOS, apps and connections. 

If the issue remains, try starting up the system in what is called safe mode. This will help isolate this issue.

To start in safe mode, begin with the computer powered off. Follow the directions found here, depending on what type of Mac you have: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

The computer will take longer to start in safe mode, and the screen may have some distorted video as it starts up. This is normal. Once you are logged in, use the system and test to see if the issue continues.

If everything seems to work as expected, go ahead and restart the computer normally and test again. Starting in safe mode forces the computer to run some disk checks similar to First Aid. This can resolve some issues.

Cheers.

Safari search bar not working right.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.