Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I downloaded this onto computer. Now my computer won't open up at all. It keeps stopping at 1 minute to go .

My computer macos x Yosemite ver 10.10.5 will not open up at all, after I downloaded the latest update.

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 9:43 PM

Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 has not received any updates from Apple for 4 years.

What update are you taking about.

Or have you attempted to install a newer OS, this is called an upgrade.

Please give details of the model and year of your mac, click on the top

left of the screen and select About This Mac.

If you were trying to upgrade to a newer OS which OS were you trying to install.

Have you tried restarting your mac in Safe Mode,

How to use safe mode on your Mac – Apple Support (UK) Safe Mode takes a while to load up, be patient.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2021 9:43 PM in response to lorina145

Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 has not received any updates from Apple for 4 years.

What update are you taking about.

Or have you attempted to install a newer OS, this is called an upgrade.

Please give details of the model and year of your mac, click on the top

left of the screen and select About This Mac.

If you were trying to upgrade to a newer OS which OS were you trying to install.

Have you tried restarting your mac in Safe Mode,

How to use safe mode on your Mac – Apple Support (UK) Safe Mode takes a while to load up, be patient.

I downloaded this onto computer. Now my computer won't open up at all. It keeps stopping at 1 minute to go .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.