Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Swelling

Hi guys. I recently purchased the Macbook Pro 16 inch, 2019 model(Just over a month old). I have observed the back panel creaks and there is a noticeable gap between the back panel and body in the front of the device. The trackpad is sunk in one corner and has risen in the other corner. The lid when shut has some uneven gaps on either side. There is probably a slight bend in the body too. Is it because of the battery swelling? Because when I google the issue this is what is the result that I get which is 'Battery is Swelling. Can someone pls help me out.

Sarang’s 16" MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 8:04 PM

Sarang1234 Said:

"Battery Swelling: Hi guys. I recently purchased the Macbook Pro 16 inch, 2019 model(Just over a month old). I have observed the back panel creaks and there is a noticeable gap between the back panel and body in the front of the device. The trackpad is sunk in one corner and has risen in the other corner.[...]"

-------

What to Do:

Get this Serviced, ASAP. Note that this is purely a risk and a safety hazar due to battery acid contaminants. Note that you have a one-yer, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this. So, if this is covered under warranty from Apple, then get this serviced through them. Elsewise, take it to an AASP (Apple Authorized Serviced Provider). A new battery is likely needed. Moreover, your logic board and hard drive are highly at risk.

I. Apple Support Contact Info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Genius Bar Appointment: To set one up, use this link: Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Another Option...

Contact an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider)

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2021 8:04 PM in response to Sarang1234

Sarang1234 Said:

"Battery Swelling: Hi guys. I recently purchased the Macbook Pro 16 inch, 2019 model(Just over a month old). I have observed the back panel creaks and there is a noticeable gap between the back panel and body in the front of the device. The trackpad is sunk in one corner and has risen in the other corner.[...]"

-------

What to Do:

Get this Serviced, ASAP. Note that this is purely a risk and a safety hazar due to battery acid contaminants. Note that you have a one-yer, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this. So, if this is covered under warranty from Apple, then get this serviced through them. Elsewise, take it to an AASP (Apple Authorized Serviced Provider). A new battery is likely needed. Moreover, your logic board and hard drive are highly at risk.

I. Apple Support Contact Info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Genius Bar Appointment: To set one up, use this link: Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Another Option...

Contact an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider)

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone

Battery Swelling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.