Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Cycling Distance in Health app: Peloton Bike+ and Apple Watch

After a workout on my Peloton Bike+ all the details sync to the Peloton app and the Fitness app on my phone, but cycling distance does not sync to the Health app. I can see the cycling distance in the Apple Fitness app and the workout itself shows up in the Health app but without the cycling distance.

Interestingly, if I do a workout on the Peloton and do NOT use my Apple Watch via GymKit the cycling distance seems to sync.

And yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything. This has persisted across multiple phones and OS upgrades (including Peloton OS upgrades). Yes, all the sync settings are enabled for Peloton to "write" to the Health app. Yes, I've enabled all the settings for this to work and following all the instructions from both Peloton and Apple.

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 10:22 AM

Peloton final got back to me and confirmed what I suspected:

- when using Peloton via the iPhone app only (no gymkit), the Peloton app reports the Cycling Distance. I believe they are reporting it as an outdoor cycle (or omitting indoor cycle).

- when a workout is recorded via gymkit, Apple defaults to Indoor Cycle which doesn't allow for Cycling Distance to be recorded because the workout is on a stationary bike.

At a minimum, I think Apple should make this a user-configurable option for gymkit/apple watch.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2021 10:22 AM in response to MrKite18

Peloton final got back to me and confirmed what I suspected:

- when using Peloton via the iPhone app only (no gymkit), the Peloton app reports the Cycling Distance. I believe they are reporting it as an outdoor cycle (or omitting indoor cycle).

- when a workout is recorded via gymkit, Apple defaults to Indoor Cycle which doesn't allow for Cycling Distance to be recorded because the workout is on a stationary bike.

At a minimum, I think Apple should make this a user-configurable option for gymkit/apple watch.

Oct 14, 2021 8:44 AM in response to MrKite18

Hello MrKite18,

We understand that your Peloton workouts are not syncing to your Apple Watch properly. We would recommend reviewing the following steps just to confirm you covered all of the bases: Apple Health - Peloton Support

If issues persist, then we would recommend reaching out to Peloton for further support as this is specific to use of the Peloton.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

Nov 8, 2021 3:21 AM in response to MrKite18

I have this problem also. It seems that when you activate a workout via gymkit on the Bike+ the distance is not recorded by Apple. Bizarre. I raised this at the start of the year with both Apple and Peloton and it has never resolved. Initially I though it may have something to do with my set-up but I have since upgraded to the iPhone 13 Pro and Apple Watch Series 7 and have exactly the same problem. Doesn't look like it is getting resolved anytime soon unfortunately.

No Cycling Distance in Health app: Peloton Bike+ and Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.