Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When app crashed make SPRINGBOARD or FRONTBOARD reboot

Hello guys! Is someone has encountered the same question that the app terminated by watchDog make SPRINGBOARD or FRONTBOARD reboot?

Here is my ips file and SPRINGBOARD ips file. This problem has bothered me for a long time.

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 6:41 AM

3 replies

Oct 14, 2021 9:19 AM in response to MikasaFight

Hello MikasaFight,

We see you have an issue with an app unexpectedly quitting, and causing the device to restart, and we'd be happy to help out.

Which app are you experiencing issues with?

This page can help provide steps you can try for issues like that: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

If it displays the Apple logo or a black screen with a small gear, try the steps here: If your iOS or iPadOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly

If the issue continues to happen after trying these steps, we'd recommend following up with Apple Support for further investigation: Get Support

Take care.

Oct 18, 2021 1:53 AM in response to Eric_G1

Thanks for reply.

I'm a iOS developer, my app sometimes make iPhone11 or iPhoneXR reboot . I'm sure this is not a hardware problem. So I speculate that my code triggered a system bug which make SPRINGBOARD crash. I can't reproduce the bug often, just has some user's logs and ips files. Could you give me some suggestions for find what's wrong with my app?

Best wishes

When app crashed make SPRINGBOARD or FRONTBOARD reboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.