Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcut automation not running automatically

I have created a shortcut automation to switch my iPhone to focus driving mode when it connects to my cars bluetooth. However, when it connects to the bluetooth I get a notification prompting me to run the shortcut rather than it executing automatically. I have other automation shortcuts that run correctly. Is this the expected behaviour with setting focus modes or am I doing something wrong. I am using iOS 15.02

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 12:32 PM

Source: Enable or disable a personal automation in Shortcuts on iPhone or iPad

The following automations cannot be run automatically:
Arrive
Leave
Before I Commute
Email
Bluetooth

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 14, 2021 12:17 PM in response to Versicules

Hello Versicules,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you set up a shortcut you'd like to automatically start when you connect to Bluetooth in your car but it is prompting you to start it instead of automatically starting. We'd like to help.

Try to set up the shortcut again, do you have the same result? Also, check to see how you set up the shortcut to ensure it was set up properly to automatically enable.

Here's how to Run shortcuts with Siri, the Shortcuts app, or Siri Suggestions.

Have a nice day.

Shortcut automation not running automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.