Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automations not running

iPhone 12 Max, iOS 16.3.1

I have 2 Automations set when my phone connects to a Bluetooth ear piece, set volume to 85% and set Focus to DND.

When my BT device connects I get a 2 notifications appear at the top of my phone but neither setting changes, if I quickly tap one of the notifications a 'Run' option appears, if I tap that then the Automation runs but that seems a bit pointless, I need it to Run automatically.

I can't find an option for Run in the automation. (it is enabled).

Why can't these things just work?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 6:40 AM

Thanks.

What is the point of an Automation that I have to manually run, I may as well just set the volume manually?

The Automation notification pop-up only appears for a few seconds so if I don't quickly press it and then press Run then I've missed it.

If I have to tap 'Run' then why not have the Run prompt appear straight away rather than having to first tap the notification?

Doesn't make any sense.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2023 6:40 AM in response to Angus_Rogers039

Thanks.

What is the point of an Automation that I have to manually run, I may as well just set the volume manually?

The Automation notification pop-up only appears for a few seconds so if I don't quickly press it and then press Run then I've missed it.

If I have to tap 'Run' then why not have the Run prompt appear straight away rather than having to first tap the notification?

Doesn't make any sense.

Feb 16, 2023 3:32 AM in response to UK Bloke

From the Apple Support website:

Some personal automations can run without asking you for confirmation when they’re triggered.

1. In the Shortcuts app  on your iOS or iPadOS device, tap Automation .
  2. Tap the automation you want to run automatically.
  3. Turn off Ask Before Running, then tap Don’t Ask to confirm your choice.
  4. Tap Done.
  5. The automation will not notify you when it’s triggered.

The following automations can be run automatically:

• Time of Day
  • Alarm
  • Sleep
  • CarPlay
  • Apple Watch Workout
  • NFC
  • App
  • Aeroplane Mode
  • Do Not Disturb
  • Low Power Mode
  • Battery Level
  • Charger

Note: You also may need to set individual actions to run automatically.

The following automations cannot be run automatically:

• Arrive
  • Leave
  • Before I Commute
  • Email
  • Bluetooth

Automations not running

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.