You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Good afternoon, I paid for the extra storage plan and it is still saying my storage is full , how do I fix this

Good afternoon, I paid for the extra storage plan and it is still saying my storage is full , how do I fix this

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 11:30 AM

8 replies

Oct 14, 2021 4:44 PM in response to sandalee

iCloud is primarily a synchronization service, not an offline storage provider. Therefore, anything on your device can also be synchronized through iCloud to any of your other Apple devices. So, your photos are going to iCloud, but they still remain on your device. If you delete a photos on your device, it will also be deleted from the cloud.

Oct 15, 2021 5:31 PM in response to muguy

Thank you Muguy. I plan to get a new and updated phone with more memory, but don't want to store 40,000 photos on my phone even if I had all that memory. And waiting until next Spring to get new iPhone (birthday present for myself!). So if I want offline storage, should I be looking to sign up with Amazon Prime or some other service?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.