Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting external mic to M1 Air 2020

From all I've gleaned in my searches it should be no problem connecting an external (Røde GO) to my M1 MacBook Air (2020) so long as I use an adapter with a TRS female jack for the Røde and a TRRS plug for the Air's headphone jack. I'm doing this but no audio is reaching the Air. The mic's meter shows that the transmitter and receiver are talking to each other but, again, not talking to the Air.

Am I missing something?

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 2:46 PM

1 reply

Oct 14, 2021 1:18 PM in response to Brunettin

Hello Brunettin,

We'd like see if we can offer help with your external device and using it with your MacBook Air. It seems that you have everything connected correctly but it's not showing as it should.

It would be a good idea to check the developer site for your product. We're suggesting this because they might have a driver or other software that might help. They could also have a support site that could answer this exact question to help make these work together if your MacBook Air is recognizing sound using the internal components.

We hope this helped.

Connecting external mic to M1 Air 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.