Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Not Disturb Malfunction in IoS 15 version

There is a fatal flaw in the DND function in the updated IoS 15. If you turn on DND, the first call from a number gets disconnected whereas on a second call from the same number, the phone starts ringing as if there was no DND. This happened at 2 am and I had to switch off the ringer. I tried this on another IPhone which has the IoS 14 version and DND works perfectly. Consecutive calls from the same number are silenced which is the way it should work.

With IoS 15, Apple has thrown us back to the dark ages where you have to put the phone on silent before going to sleep - the scheduled DND just does not work. Apple Support should just do a simple experiment by turning the DND on (IoS 15 version) and they will know that there is a flaw. DND is such a basic function now - it's surprising how such a flawed release went through.

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 10:52 AM

Allowing two calls in a row from the same person to break through DND has always been an option, so that people can reach you in an emergency. All you have to do is turn that option on or off, as you choose.

In settings, go to Focus > DND > People > Allow calls from > & then choose whether or not you want repeated calls to be silenced.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2021 10:52 AM in response to prabhat62

Allowing two calls in a row from the same person to break through DND has always been an option, so that people can reach you in an emergency. All you have to do is turn that option on or off, as you choose.

In settings, go to Focus > DND > People > Allow calls from > & then choose whether or not you want repeated calls to be silenced.

Oct 13, 2021 4:11 PM in response to prabhat62

prabhat62 wrote:

There is a fatal flaw in the DND function in the updated IoS 15. If you turn on DND, the first call from a number gets disconnected whereas on a second call from the same number, the phone starts ringing as if there was no DND. This happened at 2 am and I had to switch off the ringer. I tried this on another IPhone which has the IoS 14 version and DND works perfectly. Consecutive calls from the same number are silenced which is the way it should work.

With IoS 15, Apple has thrown us back to the dark ages where you have to put the phone on silent before going to sleep - the scheduled DND just does not work. Apple Support should just do a simple experiment by turning the DND on (IoS 15 version) and they will know that there is a flaw. DND is such a basic function now - it's surprising how such a flawed release went through.

There is NO APPLE here in these user to user technical forum.

Do Not Disturb Malfunction in IoS 15 version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.