Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploading mp4 movies to iphone XR

I have mp4 movies that I created with my SLR camera. I need to upload them to my iPhone XR so I can edit them with imovies. I get the error "itunes cannot sync movies or TV shows to the iPhone because the TV app or the Videos app is not installed."

I have done this before, but it's been a long time and the phone has been updated many times since then.

Can I download the missing app? If not, is there a third party app that someone can recommend? I only have PC (no mac)

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 2:32 PM

Hi there Wael,

We'd like to help get those videos synced to your iPhone from iTunes.

From your screenshot and the details you sent, we understand that you need either the TV or Videos app installed on your iPhone. As the Videos app has been replaced by the TV app, did you already search your iPhone for it? Here's how to Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You can also search for it on the App Store.

As you have a compatible model, we also recommend installing the latest version, iOS 15.0.2. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to first back up, then Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Just in case, this shows how to install the latest version of iTunes: Update to the latest version of iTunes

Take care!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2021 2:32 PM in response to waelfromontario

Hi there Wael,

We'd like to help get those videos synced to your iPhone from iTunes.

From your screenshot and the details you sent, we understand that you need either the TV or Videos app installed on your iPhone. As the Videos app has been replaced by the TV app, did you already search your iPhone for it? Here's how to Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You can also search for it on the App Store.

As you have a compatible model, we also recommend installing the latest version, iOS 15.0.2. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to first back up, then Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Just in case, this shows how to install the latest version of iTunes: Update to the latest version of iTunes

Take care!

Oct 14, 2021 5:00 PM in response to bruno75

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your response. Yesterday after I posted I thought to try the Apple TV app which I noticed wasn't installed. After installing it I was able to upload the videos, but I can only see them in the Apple TV app. The reason I wanted them on my phone is to be able to make an iMovie clip out of them, but I don't see them in iMovie (or at least I can't tell where they are because I have a lot of clips that I took with the phone). I did look for a videos app, but I didn't see one; neither already on my phone or one that is available for my phone.

My phone is up to date in terms of iOS. It is 15.0.2 and so is my itunes.

Uploading mp4 movies to iphone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.