Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail app quits when Gmail is an active account (too)

Like in this thread, Mail crash down directly at the opening since a few months:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8458269?login=true&page=2

I could desactivate the gmail account, and Mail was working fine again, but it is really ennoying to cannot use my main gmail email in mail.

I reactivated it (changing a few settings), and it worked for a week.

Now crashing down again.

I have also certificates problems in Chrome on most of the website, could it be connected?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 12:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 7:02 PM

Hello marine-dr,

It seems like you aren't able to add Gmail account to your Mac Mail app as it crashes the app. Have you tried the solutions listed on that page you sent? One thing you can try is to add your Gmail account to the Mail app of another user account on your computer to see if that works. That will help determine if the Mail app is corrupt. If you don't have another user account, you can create one:

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2021 7:02 PM in response to marine-dr

Hello marine-dr,

It seems like you aren't able to add Gmail account to your Mac Mail app as it crashes the app. Have you tried the solutions listed on that page you sent? One thing you can try is to add your Gmail account to the Mail app of another user account on your computer to see if that works. That will help determine if the Mail app is corrupt. If you don't have another user account, you can create one:

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Regards.

mail app quits when Gmail is an active account (too)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.