Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The iPad runs out of battery very quickly

Good afternoon. I pre-ordered an iPad and it was delivered to me on September 24. There were two updates since then. But these updates did not fix the situation. I've already tried everything, my iPad runs out of battery in 5 hours. I use brightness no more than 40%, I use medium volume. Nothing helps. The maximum working time is 5 hours and 40 minutes. Is this in line with your promises? I just watch YouTube and video courses. I'm just looking for something on the internet. I don't do graphic design or music. I'm a regular user. And only 5 hours of work. What did I pay so much money for?

I hope that you will help me solve the problem. Thank you in advance.

iPad mini 6 Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 2:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 6:26 AM

In Settings app, try toggling OFF/disable Background App Refresh globally for the entire operation of the iPad OR for apps that really do not need their data refreshed in the background.

You may want to disable Background App Refresh for any apps that get data from the Internet as the constant access to update data coming from the Internet maybe eating both CPU cycles and battery power constantly doing so.

Toggle OFF notificatons for any apps you really do not need to see notifications for.

For Mail settings, you can altered the frequency of how often Mail gets fetched, so you are not constantly and always getting email every second of everyday.

Best of Luck to You!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2021 6:26 AM in response to madameantre

In Settings app, try toggling OFF/disable Background App Refresh globally for the entire operation of the iPad OR for apps that really do not need their data refreshed in the background.

You may want to disable Background App Refresh for any apps that get data from the Internet as the constant access to update data coming from the Internet maybe eating both CPU cycles and battery power constantly doing so.

Toggle OFF notificatons for any apps you really do not need to see notifications for.

For Mail settings, you can altered the frequency of how often Mail gets fetched, so you are not constantly and always getting email every second of everyday.

Best of Luck to You!

The iPad runs out of battery very quickly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.