Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the folder BKLibrary

Pls help.can I delete it what is this folder used for some random file sin it which cannot be opened, need to download some other apps to open the file to see it...this is the 'other' part of storage, came across it when I was trying to figure out how to remove' other' from storage

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 7:03 AM

What is “Other” storage on a Mac, and how can I clean it out?

Free up storage space on your Mac

OmniDiskSweeper safe to use.

See used and available storage space on your Mac

The Final Word from Apple on Managing the " Other " Category

• Other: Contains files that don’t fall into the categories listed here. This category primarily includes files and data used by the system, such as log files, caches, VM files, and other runtime system resources. Also included are temporary files, fonts, app support files, and plug-ins. You can't manage the contents of this category. The contents are managed by macOS, and the category varies in size depending on the current state of your Mac.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2021 7:03 AM in response to mariyamb

What is “Other” storage on a Mac, and how can I clean it out?

Free up storage space on your Mac

OmniDiskSweeper safe to use.

See used and available storage space on your Mac

The Final Word from Apple on Managing the " Other " Category

• Other: Contains files that don’t fall into the categories listed here. This category primarily includes files and data used by the system, such as log files, caches, VM files, and other runtime system resources. Also included are temporary files, fonts, app support files, and plug-ins. You can't manage the contents of this category. The contents are managed by macOS, and the category varies in size depending on the current state of your Mac.

Oct 14, 2021 7:38 AM in response to mariyamb

Hello thank you for contacting Apple Community

i have a question for you. Do you also see these files in the BKLibrary?

examples:BKLibraryDataSourceUbiquityiOS, BKLibraryDataSourceCommerceKit, BKLibraryAssetStatusController,BKLibrary-1-091020131601.sqlite-shm & a folder named BKLibrary.

If so I will try to get you some help.

‘’I would like to refer you to Apple technical Support they will be better equipped to assist you

Oct 17, 2021 6:24 AM in response to mariyamb

These are all the BKLibrary Folders on my iMac, & I\ve never used iBooks.

BKLibrary

BKLibrary.framework

BKLibrary.framework

BKLibrary.framework

BKLibrary.framework

BKLibrary.momd

BKLibrary.momd

BKLibrary.momd

BKLibrary.momd

BKLibrary.momd

BKLibrary.momd

BKLibraryDataSourceDevelopment

BKLibraryPlatformDataSources.bundle

BKLibraryPlatformDataSources.bundle

What is the folder BKLibrary

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.