Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

May I take out some computer folders from iCloud to have more iCloud space but keep it in my computer?

May I take out some computer folders from iCloud to have more iCloud space but keep it in my computer?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 9:22 AM

Use Finder on your Mac and move the folders from the folder that is being synced with iCloud to a location that is not synced with iCloud. One option is to move them to your Home folder or to a new folder that you create in your Home folder.

On a Mac you can access iCloud Drive and the Home folders by using the Finder "Go" menu and selecting iCloud Drive or Home.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2021 9:22 AM in response to eliana75

Use Finder on your Mac and move the folders from the folder that is being synced with iCloud to a location that is not synced with iCloud. One option is to move them to your Home folder or to a new folder that you create in your Home folder.

On a Mac you can access iCloud Drive and the Home folders by using the Finder "Go" menu and selecting iCloud Drive or Home.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.