Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime Player Mac OS Big Sur - no files in folder

Hey! After the update to MacOS Big Sur I cannot launch the QuickTime Player.

I go as advised to applications - see it there - click - then it moves me to a folder called QuickTime Player and there's nothing.

I tried to get it from launchpad in "other" section - still the same situation.

I click on the application & it moves me to some empty folder - there are no files or whatsoever at all.

How can I have my QuickTime Player?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 7:36 AM

The QuickTime Player application will default with an Open dialog box (to select a movie file) set the to the last location used. The initial view may be for iCloud Drive, i.e. your personal disk space on Apple’s servers, which may have no supported documents there at this time (thus an empty folder). To select a local file, use the side bar to select something on your Mac’s disk. Or use Cancel to not open any existing file at that time.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2021 7:36 AM in response to NatEest

The QuickTime Player application will default with an Open dialog box (to select a movie file) set the to the last location used. The initial view may be for iCloud Drive, i.e. your personal disk space on Apple’s servers, which may have no supported documents there at this time (thus an empty folder). To select a local file, use the side bar to select something on your Mac’s disk. Or use Cancel to not open any existing file at that time.

QuickTime Player Mac OS Big Sur - no files in folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.