Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple remote

I just bought a new remote for my Apple TV but doesn’t seem to work. I can’t see at the back of the Apple TV what model I have. Is the standard apple remote working on all Apple TV’s??

iPad mini, iOS 10

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 9:07 AM

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

You’ll find the model number on the bottom of the device (A1378, A1427, A1469, A1625, A1842, A2169).

Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) is black and 0.9 inches (2.3 cm) high.

Apple TV (4th generation or later) is black and 1.4 inches (3.6 cm) high.

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), then you will want an old style Apple Remote (aluminum).

If you have an Apple TV (4th generation or later), then you will want a Siri Remote.

To start using a replacement remote, you will have to link or pair it first. If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2021 9:07 AM in response to ruurd256

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

You’ll find the model number on the bottom of the device (A1378, A1427, A1469, A1625, A1842, A2169).

Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) is black and 0.9 inches (2.3 cm) high.

Apple TV (4th generation or later) is black and 1.4 inches (3.6 cm) high.

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), then you will want an old style Apple Remote (aluminum).

If you have an Apple TV (4th generation or later), then you will want a Siri Remote.

To start using a replacement remote, you will have to link or pair it first. If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

Apple remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.