Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accepted a stranger's Airdrop on a plane, am I hacked?

I was on an airplane. Someone sent me an airdrop and I accidentally accepted it. Now I am worried my phone has been compromised. The picture was suspicious. It was dated 5 months back, which made me feel like the effort was intentional and targeted.

Is there a way to be sure my information is not compromised?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 10:51 AM

Hey andriy83,

It sounds like you have concerns regarding AirDrop on your iPhone. We can understand wanting to look into that further. We want to help.

While receiving an unwanted photo in AirDrop would not cause any issues with your iPhone or allow unauthorized access to your device, you can manage your AirDrop options using the steps in this article: How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

" You can put your AirDrop receiving setting to Contacts Only or Receiving Off at any time to control who can see your device and send you content in AirDrop."

Thanks!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2021 10:51 AM in response to andriy83

Hey andriy83,

It sounds like you have concerns regarding AirDrop on your iPhone. We can understand wanting to look into that further. We want to help.

While receiving an unwanted photo in AirDrop would not cause any issues with your iPhone or allow unauthorized access to your device, you can manage your AirDrop options using the steps in this article: How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

" You can put your AirDrop receiving setting to Contacts Only or Receiving Off at any time to control who can see your device and send you content in AirDrop."

Thanks!

I accepted a stranger's Airdrop on a plane, am I hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.