Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad pro is unresponsive to fingers but works with a pencil. Furthermore, I can't force restart the device.

My ipad pro is unresponsive to fingers but works with a pencil. But sadly when I try to write with the pencil it is only able to form dots and short broken lines. I can't swipe, help. Furthermore, I am also unable force restart the device through long press. Why :'(

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 8:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 4:38 AM

As described, you appear to have a hardware failure. You would be well advised to seek assistance from the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad.

If the iPad requires repair, you will be in the best possible place to discuss your options.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2021 4:38 AM in response to Doktoraa

As described, you appear to have a hardware failure. You would be well advised to seek assistance from the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad.

If the iPad requires repair, you will be in the best possible place to discuss your options.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Oct 14, 2021 8:24 PM in response to Doktoraa

Doktoraa Said:

"My ipad pro is unresponsive to fingers but works with a pencil. Furthermore, I can't force restart the device.: My ipad pro is unresponsive to fingers but works with a pencil. But sadly when I try to write with the pencil it is only able to form dots and short broken lines. I can't swipe, help. Furthermore, I am also unable force restart the device through long press. Why :'("

-------

Troubleshooting iPad Power:

Refer to the following:

Try what is on these Links:

My ipad pro is unresponsive to fingers but works with a pencil. Furthermore, I can't force restart the device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.