Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not playing songs I purchased.

I recently purchased an album (Love For Sale) from the iTunes store. I played the album but two songs (I've Got You Under My Skin and So In Love) won't play. When I click on them to play it says "This computer is Not Authorized to play "the song's name". Would you like to authorize it? I thought I already did. I go ahead and type in my Apple ID and password, I get a box saying the computer is authorized but the songs still won't play. Do I need to do something else? Or did I get a bum download and need to download them again?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 11:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 7:32 AM

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Backup and then delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2021 7:32 AM in response to DarthPandinus

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Backup and then delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

Oct 15, 2021 5:19 PM in response to DarthPandinus

Hi DarthPandinus,

We see you've purchased an album from the iTunes Store, however two tracks from the album will not play due to the computer not being authorized.

To clarify, were these songs purchased separately from the rest of the album? If so, do you recall if you purchased them under a different Apple ID, or have had a different Apple ID in the past? If so, this may trigger the authorization message as its tied both to the computer you're using and per Apple ID.

If this is not the case, confirm if those tracks show in your purchase history for your Apple ID

Let us know if this helps or if you have further questions.

Cheers!

iTunes not playing songs I purchased.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.