Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why ni sound for text messages?

No sound for text messages

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 3:00 AM

FYI:

I contacted the Support and ticked off what I had done. The only thing I hadn't done was to force re-start. did that now and had a friend send a test message - and sound worked!

I wasn't aware of the forced re-start - but it worked!

Chhers,

Mor-san

5 replies

Oct 16, 2021 8:25 AM in response to Mor-san

Hey there Mor-san!

It sounds like you're no longer receiving audio notifications for Messages.

Have you tried restarting the iPHone to see if that helps?

Are you running the most recent version of iOS compatible with your iPhone?

If so, you can also check your Focus/Do Not Disturb settings and make sure the feature is disabled.

Lastly, you can try toggling Messages notifications off, restart the iPhone and enable again to see if that helps.

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Keep us updated.

Regards.

Oct 16, 2021 9:15 AM in response to Mor-san

We appreciate you giving those steps a try and keeping us updated. Just to confirm, were you able to check your Do Not Disturb settings as well? Also, does this seem to occur with multiple conversations?

Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Be sure to check your Ring/Silent switch as well.

How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode

If you continue to run into complications after giving those steps a try, you can reach out to Apple support directly.

Get Support

Regards.

Oct 16, 2021 9:05 AM in response to Dave_G1

Thanks for replying, Dave!

I have restarted and changed sounds and so on several times. iMessages are OK, but not many of my friends have iPhone.

Now I have turned off the notifications and then restarted an turned on again, but still no notification sound. :-(

I have iOS 12.5.5 and automatic update is on...

Cheers,

Mor-san

Why ni sound for text messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.