Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet issues since iOS 15.0.2 update

Since the latest update my phone and my wife’s phone are struggling with a slow or no internet connection whether on WiFi or 4G. We’ve powered them down, cleaned the SIM cards reset the WiFi router but all to no avail. I think there is defiantly an issue with the latest update. I can’t even complete a speed test on either connection. My laptop and work phone both work fine.

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 3:42 PM

This isn’t the problem. It’s connected to WiFi and the WiFi works on other devices but NOT connecting to the internet on the phone. Even when not using WiFi but the mobile 4G network the internet connection is poor. This is only since the last update.

21 replies

Oct 22, 2021 12:21 AM in response to emiliano293

Hi emiliano293

I had a long discussion over messages with a member of the Apple support team recently and have had to reset the network settings. This seams to have improved things though it still struggles occasionally. I found that my Shell fuels app wouldn’t connect unless I put the phone on flight mode for 10 seconds and then back onto normal mode so it reconnects to the mobile network. You can see that we aren’t the only ones with this issue and I hope the Apple software engineers are working with an update to sort it. Try resetting the network in setting>general>Transfer or reset iPhone>reset>reset network settings

Nov 3, 2021 5:53 AM in response to The Mootster

Same here. After updating to 15.1, I have Internet issues on two occasions on my SE (1st gen), both occurred after midnight. While WIFI does not work at all, 4G works after a reboot. Curiously, Safari does not work with either WIFI or 4G, saying "Safari cannot open this page because your phone is not connected to the Internet", but other Apps are working fine on 4G, but not on WIFI. Because Safari refuses to work at all, I have to download another browser from the App Store in order to browse the Internet. All of these are done in cellular data of course since WIFI is not working.

In both occasions, the issue disappeared after a couple hours. I believe this is a software issue related to the iOS 15 based on what I observed.

Internet issues since iOS 15.0.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.