Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv 4k will not take my Dish network login info

Can Dish be used as my TV Provider on Apple TV 4K?

If it can I have not been able for it to take my login info for Dish

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 2:55 PM

5 replies

Oct 16, 2021 11:19 PM in response to osburn273

Did you successfully login into your Dish Account on the Dish Website? If you did and you still have problems with the Apple TV. Then plug in the Apple TV and reset it to factory settings to start over again. Here is how:

1. Go to Settings > System > Reset.
  2. Choose a reset option: Reset: This option is the fastest way to return your Apple TV to factory settings. This option doesn't require an Internet connection. ... 
  3. Keep your Apple TV plugged into power until the Reset process finishes.

Then set it up again. If you still cannot figure it out, please call AppleCare.

AppleCare Contact Info

Oct 15, 2021 4:08 PM in response to osburn273

Dish may be used as a provider, I suspect the Dish info you are inputting may be incorrect though. Please ensure you have the correct Dish network login information (test by using a web browser and login to Log Into Your DISH Account | MyDISH

If you are able to login to Dish use the link provided above the please unplug the Apple TV 4K from power for 2-3 minutes, re-plug in and re-attempt.

Oct 16, 2021 10:17 PM in response to osburn273

I did call Dish and talk to support and they said to call Apple and that they don't know anything about the Apple tv 4k or whatever. Mabye it was just the support rep I happened to get.

It would be nice if Apple had better support, someone you could actually communicate with on problems like this.

I have several devices I can log in to Dishanywhere and watch programa on. I can sign in To Dish anywhere with any of my computers and share the screen with my tv to watch. I was interested in using Dish as my tv provider to take advantage of the programs I am paying for on Dish. In Apple tv 4k set up Dish is listed as a tv provider but I am unable to sign in with my Dish user id and password like I do on all my other devices. I tried several times, even using copy-paste to make sure it was correct.

Oct 18, 2021 5:19 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Having the same type of problems as the OP.

Apps we’re working fine until recently, now when selecting dish as the TV provider it says invalid log in, etc. etc.

I have tried everything mentioned above before resorting to the internet and finding these threads. Dish acts like they have no clue so don’t know if it’s a Dish issue, Apple issues, or both.

Apple tv 4k will not take my Dish network login info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.