Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages not syncing

One of my contacts messages aren't syncing to my mac from my phone, I have tried restarting both my phone and laptop, updating both devices to the latest update, turning off messages on both devices and disabling their iCloud but none of it has worked. I have also noticed that the 'Enable Messages in iCloud' checkbox has not allowed me to actually enable it and instead comes up with an error alert stating its "Unable to update iCloud settings at this time".

I was wondering as to how I could fix this issue as its only happening to one persons contact.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 3:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 3:22 PM

marley777,

Thanks for providing that additional information. Is both your iPhone and Mac up to date? Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch & Update macOS on Mac.

Do you have a good cellular or Wi-Fi connection?

If you're up to date, connected and this is only happening with one contact, Contact Official Apple Support.

We hope that helps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2021 3:22 PM in response to marley777

marley777,

Thanks for providing that additional information. Is both your iPhone and Mac up to date? Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch & Update macOS on Mac.

Do you have a good cellular or Wi-Fi connection?

If you're up to date, connected and this is only happening with one contact, Contact Official Apple Support.

We hope that helps.

Oct 17, 2021 9:08 AM in response to marley777

Hello marley777,

We see that you need help with Continuity on your devices.

To get started, are you signed in with the same Apple ID on both devices? On the Mac where are you receiving the messages? For example, your Apple ID, phone number, or somewhere else?

You can learn about Continuity features here: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch.

Cheers!

Oct 17, 2021 2:00 PM in response to 1ssmith

Hello,

I am signed into the same Apple ID on both devices and i am using my phone number to receive messages through iMessage, but the issue of not syncing only happens to one of my contacts.

I thought it may be due to the other contacts device being an android but my other contacts that are android seem to be working fine. I hope this answered your questions and thank you very much for helping!

Messages not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.