Related Article: If you forgot your Apple ID

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Idk what ID and password I used to get pass the activation lock

havent used my iPad in years because I forgot the password

I reset the iPad but I don’t remember the iCloud I’d or password for activation lock

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 9:54 AM

The answer remains the same one offered here many times before. Recover access to that Apple ID and password, provide original proof of purchase showing the serial number or IMEI, or recycle it. Without that information, this iPhone is indistinguishable from a lost or stolen iPhone, and Activation Lock is intended as a theft deterrent.

iPhone does show an email address hint on the Activation Lock page. The first character of the username, and the email domain name used.

To recover access to the Apple ID:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Without that Apple ID and password, or proof of original purchase, or legal paperwork enough to prove ownership, recycle it. Yes, recycle it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2021 9:54 AM in response to cherylmain

The answer remains the same one offered here many times before. Recover access to that Apple ID and password, provide original proof of purchase showing the serial number or IMEI, or recycle it. Without that information, this iPhone is indistinguishable from a lost or stolen iPhone, and Activation Lock is intended as a theft deterrent.

iPhone does show an email address hint on the Activation Lock page. The first character of the username, and the email domain name used.

To recover access to the Apple ID:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Without that Apple ID and password, or proof of original purchase, or legal paperwork enough to prove ownership, recycle it. Yes, recycle it.

Idk what ID and password I used to get pass the activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.