Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I delete an email on my phone it doesn’t delete on my iPad, it always used to

When I delete an email on my phone it doesn’t delete on my iPad, it always used to

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 7:17 AM

Hello 1ssmith,

You're very welcome, and thanks for those additional details. Next, try going to the Gmail website just to make sure all your email is saved on the server.

Then since you're using a Gmail account on both devices that uses IMAP, you may want to try removing the account from both devices, and then adding it back again. That usually helps refresh the connections and settings with the email server.

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We wish you luck!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2021 7:17 AM in response to Iznajar

Hello 1ssmith,

You're very welcome, and thanks for those additional details. Next, try going to the Gmail website just to make sure all your email is saved on the server.

Then since you're using a Gmail account on both devices that uses IMAP, you may want to try removing the account from both devices, and then adding it back again. That usually helps refresh the connections and settings with the email server.

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We wish you luck!

Oct 17, 2021 12:08 PM in response to Iznajar

Hello there Iznajar,

Thanks for posting here on the Apple Support Communities! This is a place where other Apple users can submit questions or respond to others to help lend a hand. Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.

We understand delete emails on one device are remaining on another device. To get started, this behavior is completely controlled by the email server. Your devices will only sync or delete what the email server tells it to. Typically IMAP style accounts sync both ways automatically. However older style POP accounts may only sync email to the devices, but not actually delete email or carry over other changes.

With out telling us what the email address is, do you know if your account uses POP or IMAP? You can look up settings for most accounts here: Mail Settings Lookup or check your settings. Otherwise, do other accounts like iCloud still work just fine?

We hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction.

Take care.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.