Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my FaceTime not work any more?

I’ve upgraded to 15.02 and my FaceTime is erratic so I decided to reset it. I also have new glasses. I’m unable to reset FaceTime . It keeps saying ‘ my face is not in view.’

what shall I do?

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 2:29 PM

Hi Jenidoran,

Thanks for reaching out using Apple Support Communities. Here to help.

We see you came from the related article, 'If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch'. Can you explain what happens when you try to make a FaceTime call?

The symptoms you're describing sound related to the Face ID unlock method. Is this what you're having trouble with? If so, take a look over the next article for steps to try.

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro

Additionally you may want to follow the steps in this article to check for a Face ID disabled alert in Settings.

If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro

Hope this helps! Let us know if we can clarify anything further.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2021 2:29 PM in response to Jenidoran

Hi Jenidoran,

Thanks for reaching out using Apple Support Communities. Here to help.

We see you came from the related article, 'If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch'. Can you explain what happens when you try to make a FaceTime call?

The symptoms you're describing sound related to the Face ID unlock method. Is this what you're having trouble with? If so, take a look over the next article for steps to try.

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro

Additionally you may want to follow the steps in this article to check for a Face ID disabled alert in Settings.

If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro

Hope this helps! Let us know if we can clarify anything further.

Why does my FaceTime not work any more?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.