Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Callers hear echo when i use a bluetooth headset

On my iPhone 12 mini people who call me hear an echo when I use a bluetooth headset. There is no echo if I use the speaker phone or talk on the phone. I got a new Plantronics headset as I thought that was the problem. This did not resolve it. Just updated iOS to 15. No help either.

How do I resolve the issue? Thanks for your help

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 6:45 PM

Hey,

Thanks for your reply. The issue has been resolved by using the correct configuration. I was not aware when pairing a bluetooth device that there is a device type. If a device is paired and a type is not selected, the iphone must use a generic configuration. I tried both bluetooths configured as headsets and voila, no feedback. Thanks again for trying to help.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2021 6:45 PM in response to Vilas_S

Hey,

Thanks for your reply. The issue has been resolved by using the correct configuration. I was not aware when pairing a bluetooth device that there is a device type. If a device is paired and a type is not selected, the iphone must use a generic configuration. I tried both bluetooths configured as headsets and voila, no feedback. Thanks again for trying to help.

Oct 17, 2021 1:12 PM in response to GBFL2021

Hello GBFL2021.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. You mentioned that you're experiencing issues with phone call sound quality when using Bluetooth headphones with your iPhone. Specifically, you're hearing an echo. We can understand how this would be an issue. Allow us to investigate this issue and assist in any way we can.

You also stated that you've purchased a new headset and the issue continues occur. Testing a different head set was a great step to try. If you connect these headsets to a different iPhone, does the echo continue to occur or does it only occur when using your iPhone 12 mini? If this issue occurs on another iPhone, try checking if your headset requires a firmware update. You might have to reach out to the manufactures for steps on how to do so.

However, if the issue only occurs with your iPhon 12 mini, and you're already full updated, and basic steps such as restarting or re-paring your headset doesn't help, reach out to Apple Support. They might have to investigate this issue further with you. Just in case, you can use the link below to reach them:

Get Support - Apple

We hope this information is useful. Cheers.

Callers hear echo when i use a bluetooth headset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.