Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home movies not transferring from Mac to iPhone or iPad

I have finally gotten around to transferring 60 year old 8 mm home movies to digital. I imported them into the TV app on the Macintosh and they show as home videos. I attach the iPhone to the computer and select from the mounted phone in the finder to have those movies synced with the iPhone as both the individual movies and as members of a playlist. After the synchronization is done, I do not see a movie or home video section on the phone. I also to not see the playlist. They do not appear in "downloaded" on the phone either.

MacOS: 11.6, PhoneOS 15.0.2 iPhone 13Pro,

I've seen previous posts on this and have found no clear answers. What do I do?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 10:00 AM

Sadly, after 2 hours and 20 minutes on the phone with Apple Support, I was told, by the last expert I spoke with, that though it is not clearly documented, that method of syncing home videos is no longer supported. One must import videos into Photos in order to sync them to your iPhone/iPad via iCloud.

See: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253254389

Very frustrating and at the same time, it allows for the more advanced editing tools that exist within photos. It was a good move, it just should be documented better and not take almost 2.5 hours and a total of 7+ support staff/experts in order to get an answer.

Paul

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2021 10:00 AM in response to Matthew.S81

Sadly, after 2 hours and 20 minutes on the phone with Apple Support, I was told, by the last expert I spoke with, that though it is not clearly documented, that method of syncing home videos is no longer supported. One must import videos into Photos in order to sync them to your iPhone/iPad via iCloud.

See: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253254389

Very frustrating and at the same time, it allows for the more advanced editing tools that exist within photos. It was a good move, it just should be documented better and not take almost 2.5 hours and a total of 7+ support staff/experts in order to get an answer.

Paul

Home movies not transferring from Mac to iPhone or iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.