Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I find home videos on my iPhone

I have searched the community and I see this question has been asked several times but I have not found a clear answer.

I have digitized some old 8 mm movies and have transferred them into the TV app on the Mac under home movies. I then use finder sync with the phone connected to check the box and select the movies I want to have synchronized with the iPhone and do a Finder sync/back up with the phone. I cannot find these anywhere. I just started using iCloud for all my photos.

All of the TiVo'd TV shows that I have synced appear in the Library on the phone under both "Downloaded" and "TV Shows," however I cannot find any of the home Videos.

What do I need to do? Do I need to go into "Options" in the TV app and switch the media type from "Home Video" to "Movies?"

MacOS 11.6, iOS 15.0.2

Paul

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 4:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 8:34 AM

on my iphones tv app they were synced back when it was old itunes

when I start appletv app on my iphone and click the library tabcontrol button

it has a title with the text and entries under

Library

Movies

Home Video

Family sharing

Downloaded

Genres

the movies are present in both home video and in downloaded

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2021 8:34 AM in response to Paul Kleeberg

on my iphones tv app they were synced back when it was old itunes

when I start appletv app on my iphone and click the library tabcontrol button

it has a title with the text and entries under

Library

Movies

Home Video

Family sharing

Downloaded

Genres

the movies are present in both home video and in downloaded

Oct 26, 2021 9:45 AM in response to Paul Kleeberg

I did not get a call back from the technical team so I called back 2 days later. After getting to the third level of support and being switched to several experts, I was told by the Mac expert that, though it is not specifically stated in any documentation, that method for viewing videos on the iPhone or iPad is no longer supported. The videos now must be imported into Photos in order for them to appear on one's iDevice. That explains why I'm not able to see the home video group like Rudagar described in his previous message.

Very frustrating that there is no indication in the Finder sync that the old method of syncing home videos no longer works. I will say the new method is an improvement, since it now gives you access to great editing tools if you use iCloud for your photos/videos. However it is frustrating that I had to go through 2 hours and 20 minutes (documented on my phone) on the the line with support in order to get an answer.

Paul

Where do I find home videos on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.