Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync movie from Mac to iPhone

I open Finder. Click on the name of my iPhone. Click on Movies. I see a long list of movies with check boxes next to them. None is checked, which is fine, because I don't want to clog my iPhone with all of those movies. There is an "apply" button at the bottom that I can click once I select the movies that I want. I want two specific short movies. Neither of them is in the list. Actually, I'd never want to sync any of those movies in that list to my phone, it would just clog up the phone. Where does Finder get the list of movies that you could potentially sync from Mac to iPhone if you check their boxes? How can I tell it to look in a different place on my Mac for those movies, so that I can select the ones that I actually want to sync?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 1:04 AM

Please open the Apple TV app on your Mac.

From the Menu

TV > Preferences.

Click the Files Tab

All the files which you want to sync to your iPhone using Finder needs to be on this location.

1 reply

Sync movie from Mac to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.