Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 7

Why could you pre order the new watch for the 15th but yet none available and still weeks away poor communication with customers

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 7:21 PM

So you sell products with electronic chips in them? Sorry you're not happy, but you're expectation as I said is unrealistic given the manufacturing issues ANY company who needs chips in their products use.

We have friends who are building a new house. Their appliances are going to be delayed a full six months due to lack of chips. Go to any automobile dealership in the US and you'll see pretty empty lots. Why? They can't get the chips they need to manufacture their cars. My boss ordered new bedroom furniture from a very large furniture showroom. The furniture requires NO chips. The furniture is going to take 5 months to arrive.

You seem to not understand the issues Covid has caused manufacturers throughout the entire supply chain worldwide.

Just because you ordered on the 8th as I said didn't guarantee a launch day delivery. And Apple did tell you when you placed your order when to expect your watch. How is that poor communication? They hid nothing from you. And since it was clearly noted when you could expect your watch before you placed your order, you didn't have to place the order. But you did evidently, yet you are now complaining? By the afternoon of the 8th, orders were stretching out weeks. If I ordered the watch combination I ordered during preordering right now, my watch wouldn't arrive till the first week of December.

You want to blame Apple? Knock yourself out. But you'd be completely wrong in doing so.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2021 7:21 PM in response to trudi52

So you sell products with electronic chips in them? Sorry you're not happy, but you're expectation as I said is unrealistic given the manufacturing issues ANY company who needs chips in their products use.

We have friends who are building a new house. Their appliances are going to be delayed a full six months due to lack of chips. Go to any automobile dealership in the US and you'll see pretty empty lots. Why? They can't get the chips they need to manufacture their cars. My boss ordered new bedroom furniture from a very large furniture showroom. The furniture requires NO chips. The furniture is going to take 5 months to arrive.

You seem to not understand the issues Covid has caused manufacturers throughout the entire supply chain worldwide.

Just because you ordered on the 8th as I said didn't guarantee a launch day delivery. And Apple did tell you when you placed your order when to expect your watch. How is that poor communication? They hid nothing from you. And since it was clearly noted when you could expect your watch before you placed your order, you didn't have to place the order. But you did evidently, yet you are now complaining? By the afternoon of the 8th, orders were stretching out weeks. If I ordered the watch combination I ordered during preordering right now, my watch wouldn't arrive till the first week of December.

You want to blame Apple? Knock yourself out. But you'd be completely wrong in doing so.

Oct 16, 2021 5:48 PM in response to trudi52

Not many people got a watch yesterday. Many who pre-ordered a week ago are still waiting. It's never been a guarantee that pre-ordering on the first day of pre-orders gets you a watch (or for that matter an iPhone) on launch day.

And in case you haven't paid attention, this year being a Pandemic year, poses extra issues for Apple (and just about EVERY manufacturer who needs chips in their products, from cars to appliances, TV's, cameras and many other products) and that is a worldwide chip shortage. Plus with manufacturing delays caused by Covid, people are just going to have to be more patient.

I was fortunate in being online on pre-order day for iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max, precisely when pre-orders opened up. I got my phones on launch day. But by that afternoon, delays of 3 or more weeks were common and that hasn't abated.

The same is true for Apple Watch. If you wanted one on launch day, you should have been prepared to place your order as soon as pre-orders opened up. If you didn't, you're in good company, like me and likely millions of other people who are looking at orders arriving in the coming weeks.

Apple didn't communicate poorly. To believe they could possibly have watches available for everyone who wanted one on launch day is the expectation which isn't realistic.

Oct 16, 2021 6:37 PM in response to lobsterghost1

I did preorder when it was open to on the 8th but Apple should say that order will take up to a month to come. I’m in retail and That wouldn’t fly in my field and would lose more customers than keep them. All customers want is some honesty and if I had to wait a month for it then I wouldn’t of preordered the watch I didn’t really want and hung out for the one I wanted

Apple Watch 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.