Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing / Passwords

Is there a way I can access my family account to see all of my kids ipads and passwords. They're 8 and 10 years old and every time we need to do some maintenance on the devices is a nightmare because no one knows the passwords.

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 8:51 AM

Would these be the device Passcodes? Device passcodes cannot be viewed from other devices or via Family Sharing.

If an iPad passcode has been forgotten, you have no alternative other than to follow this process:

If you’ve forgotten the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled – Apple Support

You’ll need access to either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of MacOS).

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2021 8:51 AM in response to jamin33

Would these be the device Passcodes? Device passcodes cannot be viewed from other devices or via Family Sharing.

If an iPad passcode has been forgotten, you have no alternative other than to follow this process:

If you’ve forgotten the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled – Apple Support

You’ll need access to either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of MacOS).

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

Family Sharing / Passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.