Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing

Can anyone assist me with putting my apple ID and password on my daughters iPad, so she cannot access any content from the devices I use.

I'm sure it's a simple home sharing thing, but tech is not my forte.

Thank you :)

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 5:24 PM

Are you sharing the same Apple ID on your various devices? If so then this is why your content is also on your daughter's iPad.

Shared IDs are discouraged by Apple and a bad idea generally. If you are using one Apple ID between the two of you get a new one for your daughter. See How to create a new Apple ID or if your daughter is under 13 use the steps in Create an Apple ID for your child.

You have not explained what you mean by "content". Do you mean personal information such as your Contacts app data and calendars, or do you mean purchased content, which generally is something families want to share?

Family Sharing is also a useful way to link your accounts without sharing data. Each family member's content is private and separate, and there are mechanisms for parents to supervise and control a child's account. See What is Family Sharing?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2022 5:24 PM in response to ajuanitab

Are you sharing the same Apple ID on your various devices? If so then this is why your content is also on your daughter's iPad.

Shared IDs are discouraged by Apple and a bad idea generally. If you are using one Apple ID between the two of you get a new one for your daughter. See How to create a new Apple ID or if your daughter is under 13 use the steps in Create an Apple ID for your child.

You have not explained what you mean by "content". Do you mean personal information such as your Contacts app data and calendars, or do you mean purchased content, which generally is something families want to share?

Family Sharing is also a useful way to link your accounts without sharing data. Each family member's content is private and separate, and there are mechanisms for parents to supervise and control a child's account. See What is Family Sharing?

Family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.