Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth connectivity issues after update to iOS 15.0.2

Since updating iPhone 12 Pro to iOS 15.0.2, have constant issues connecting or staying connected to bluetooth devices. Sometimes device cannot be found. When it finally appears, it remembers pairing and connects, but seconds later it is disconnected. Devices I try to pair with say "cannot find (iPhone) device". Happens with Bose speaker, Dell Mobile Connect, Plantronics headset. Have tried turning bluetooth on/off, phone hard restart, devices hard restart, forget pairing and re-pair. None of above solutions resolve problem. Any suggestions (other than factory reset)?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 8:29 AM

8 replies

Oct 18, 2021 10:39 AM in response to vistiphone

Hi vistiphone,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with Bluetooth accessories and your iPhone. It sounds like they aren't staying connected.

Are you able to test the accessories with another iPhone on iOS 15.0.2? This would help isolate the issue further.

Have you checked with the manufacturer of any of these accessories to see if they need a firmware update to be compatible with iOS 15.0.2?

Also check out: If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and Pair a third-party Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Let us know.

Have a fantastic day!

Oct 20, 2021 7:02 AM in response to MichaelB2019

I was trying to connect to iHome iBT77 and have not been able to so I forgot (removed) all my other devices and now I cannot connect to anything - I'm on iOS 15.0.2 as well - The other two devices are Belkin wireless charger and speaker and bluetooth in the car - both worked fine until I forgot them to try and connect to the iHome - starting to think I'll switch back to android

Oct 21, 2021 4:47 AM in response to MichaelB2019

I am also having problems conecting to bluetooth devices. I can no longer connect to Ford SYNC in my car. It worked pefectly until I upgraded to IOS 15.0.2. When i try to pair with my Ford SYNC it says device cannot be found. I have tried all the usual options to try to connect (resetting Bluetooth, resetting my SYNC on my car etc.) but nothing appears to be working. I have done 'forget device' on my phone and now my phone can't even find SYNC anymore. Please can you advise.

Oct 21, 2021 5:34 AM in response to MichaelB2019

I do not have another iPhone with iOS 15.0.2 to test against. There are no updates available for the units it struggles to connect with. Others here are noting same issue since 15.0.2 update with different devices - Ford, Bose, Plantronics, Belkin & iHome. When we forget device (unpair), it only appears as a pairing option sporadically, and connecting is challenging and temporary at best. Given the range of devices with this issue and the single common factor of iOS update, the more likely cause is the update itself.

Bluetooth connectivity issues after update to iOS 15.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.