Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch text notifications wont clear

Did the update on my phone and watch last night 10-17-21 and not when i read a text on my phone it still shows as unread on my watch. Any fix? Tried all the mirror my phone toggle on off etc. TIA.

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 8

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 4:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 6:17 AM

It seems to work correctly for me but I can only send iMessage to myself, not old style SMS for testing. Can you confirm, are you seeing this in SMS or iMessage, or both?

The only thing I can suggest is to forced Reset your Apple Watch and see if that improves things. Press and hold both the Digital Crown and the Side Button then release when the Apple appears, and let the watch reboot.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2021 6:17 AM in response to Cashmoney33

It seems to work correctly for me but I can only send iMessage to myself, not old style SMS for testing. Can you confirm, are you seeing this in SMS or iMessage, or both?

The only thing I can suggest is to forced Reset your Apple Watch and see if that improves things. Press and hold both the Digital Crown and the Side Button then release when the Apple appears, and let the watch reboot.

Watch text notifications wont clear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.