Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone weather app elements explainer

What do the bars next to the temperature mean in the iOS 15 weather app?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 7:21 AM

Hello. Those bars represent the temperature range for the day compared to the temperature for the rest of the week. The color represents the temperature and the length of the line represents how large the temperature range will be throughout the day.

14 replies

Oct 31, 2021 7:53 PM in response to spirit

I think that the colored portion is the range of temperatures for the day and the whole bar (colored and gray) is the range for the whole week. The color of the bar appears to change based on the temperature (warmer colors are warmer temperatures and cooler colors are cooler temperatures). If the colored bar is longer, that means that the temperature will change a lot throughout the day.

Jan 3, 2022 12:59 AM in response to msilvamom

Quite helpful article indeed ! but I could just find it as some explanation which in real practice still a rise of questions instead of answers. The bar indication for my case I might be now able to explain after reading again but still requires me to constant look up as it doesn't reflect outside reality.

iPhone weather app elements explainer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.